- No more than 3 domesticated fowl are allowed in a zoning district with a lot size minimum between 7,000 and 10,000 square feet.
- No more than 6 domesticated fowl are allowed in a zoning district with a lot size minimum between 10,001 and 20,000 square feet.
- No Roosters
- May not be raised or trained for fighting or amusement.
- May not be kept in the front yard.
- Not allowed on multi-family (two or more) properties.
- Not allowed on industrial, commercial, or mixed-use zoned property.
- Not allowed on residential lots less than 7,000 square feet.
See the signed ordinance below for complete details on domesticated fowl in the City of Portland.
Domesticated Fowl Regulations (PDF)