- Business Office
- Traffic Class
A 4 hour defensive driving school is made available to those defendants that the judge deems eligible. The three criteria to qualify for driving school are the following:
- Must have a valid driver license
- Cannot drive 30 miles per hour over any posted limit
- Cannot have any traffic school on record in the last three years; no CDL license can be offered driving classes
Attendance of this driving school will prevent the points from appearing on your driver history report. Some insurance companies even offer discounts upon successful completion of the course, but that is something that would need to be discussed with individual insurance providers. The cost of Portland Municipal Court's State of Tennessee certified defensive driving school is $100 plus any court cost.
View the Portland, TN Traffic School Options (DOCX).
Your payment must be received before the date options for the class will be released. You may pay in person Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm at 100 S Russell Street in the Court Clerk's office. Acceptable payment forms include:
- Debit card
- Credit card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Cashier's check
- Money order
- Personal check
You may also pay by phone using your debit or credit card by calling 615-325-6776.
Non-Refundable Course Fees
- Option 1: $100 payable by credit or debit card plus any third party fees
- Option 2: $100 payable by credit or debit card plus any third party fees
- Option 3: $100 payable by credit or debit card prior to class date plus any third party fees